Past Racing Season Memories

So I am back. I was too fed up with facebook and instagram(playing the comparative game) and have decided to go back to my roots. I soon hope to make this my athletics blog(still trying to figure out a name). Here are a few photos from my favorite races over the last road racing season and cyclocross season.

The Chapel Hill Grand Prix
I didn't do that well in this race. I was dangerously underprepared for this race, thinking I could do a 32 mile race without sufficient training. "After a windy day, bloody nose, dog chase, being spit at, and people not good at giving directions, I finished the Chapel Hill Grand Prix 4/5 category race," I wrote a day after finishing it. 





The Jigawatt Grand Prix
With an amazing comeback only after a few months, I somehow managed to get first and second in the two races of that day. Still my favorite races I ever did.

Warming Up...


The starting line(man was there tough competition: Vova, Victor, AND Max). 


Flying down the windy straightaway.


From 38th place last race to 1st. One of the greatest moments of my life so far.


At the second race, I got 2nd. I managed to pass Victor and Vova on the final sprint with only yards to spare. 


The Carolina Cup
I don't have any pictures from this race, because a professional photographer was there and I have to buy them. I do not want to buy them, so I have no pictures. I did get first in this race also. This last lap was incredibly tough though. It was a good race.

Chapel Hill Cyclocross Race
This was my first cyclocross race. I did decent--about middle in the pack. That was very good for my first time racing off road on a cyclocross bike people said. I could have done better though. This race actually landed me in the hospital a few days later because I was having trouble breathing anyway at that race. It was an interesting experience not being able to breathe in a race, but luckily I somehow survived and continue to race(since the season is not over yet).

Yes, these are the races that the hills are so steep you have to run up them(notice the guy on the far right who is falling off his bike attempting to climb this tough hill).

In the Woods

The cyclocross gang

So that is basically what has happened this year racing.


Comments

Post a Comment